1. Personal Information
The Nippon Electric Control Equipment Industries Association (hereinafter referred to as NECA) carries out various activities for the development of the electric control equipment industry and related industries. NECA recognises the protection of personal information as an important social responsibility.
On the basis of the following policies on personal information protection, NECA manages personal information properly by complying with related laws and guidelines. Personal information is that obtained through our activities and identifies individual persons (hereinafter referred to as “personal information”).
In particular, personal information contained in documents, electronic media and our website refers to a name, addresses, phone number, email address, company name and other information which can identify a specific individual. It also includes information which can not identify a specific individual directly but could identify an individual after comparison with related information.
2. Use of Personal Information
NECA uses personal information in its activities for the following purposes only:
(1) Sending NECA’s newsletters, reports and other pamphlets (2) NECA’s management of annual general meetings, board of directors, committees, seminars, fairs and events, etc (3) NECA’s management of committees by its secretariats (4) NECA’s websites (5) NECA’s information such as newsletters, reports, and standardization, etc. which is offered by NECA (6) Inquiries and consultations to NECA (7) Notices and questionnaires by Government offices (8) Others (i.e. those related to matters operated and managed by NECA) If the use of personal information for the above purposes could incur any disadvantage to related individuals, we do not use it.
3. Providing Personal Information
Personal information is not disclosed nor provided to a third party except for the following cases:
(1) In the case of providing with their consent. (2) In the case where the provision is in accordance with the related laws. (3) In the case where the provision is required to protect the life, person, or property of an individual and that is difficult to obtain their consent. (4) In the case where the provision is particularly necessary to improve public health and sanitation or to promote the sound upbringing of children and that is difficult to obtain their consent. (5) In the case where a business is required to cooperate with a government organization,local authority, or a person commissioned by any one of them, for the purpose of accomplishing official business as set forth by law and where obtaining the consent of the principal carries the risk of hindering the accomplishment of such official business.
4. Personal Information Management
NECA will strictly manage the collected personal information within the scope of the purpose of utilization above and make efforts to prevent and correct illegal access, loss, destruction, falsification and leakage, and take safety measures. Regarding the handling of personal information accompanying the outsourcing of business to the outside, NECA will conclude without failing a confidentiality agreement and will make every effort to realize appropriate handling of personal information.
5. Inquiry, Correction and Deletion of Personal Information
NECA complies with requests to delete and correct personal information if there are any requests from the person concerned.
6. Inquiry about the Policy on Personal Information Protection
If you have any concerns regarding our handling of personal information, or if you have any questions about personal information held by us, please contact from the following.